Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Next Chapter

I look at my life and see things in two varying ways:

1. How completely ordinary it is: wake up, feed cat, get dressed, play with cat, go to work, come home for lunch, fight my food away from cat, go back to work.....

2. How completely extraordinary it is: I get to spend my days INSPIRING! Maybe i don't always inspire myself...but others! my students laugh at my overzealous book-talks, poke fun at my examples of grammar-in-action, and i try to get my students to let off some steam and enjoy themselves! i teach. i teach english and group exercise.

So strange this combination.

I agree.

I'm starting this blog to chart my way through teaching these diverse groups of people: school-aged children, college students, and adults. What are their dreams, goals, desires? How do these change the way i see myself? I'm not sure. but i want to find out.


I started a group on facebook a few months ago called, "Sarah's Success Partners". Mostly it's me posting what i find motivating for fitness and nutrition. I get a few comments here and there, but mostly it's not what i'd call, "super active". 

But then one of the members told me how much she enjoys checking my daily thoughts on protein shakes and squats. she looks at them everyday, rarely hits "like", and never comments. But it impacts her day. whaaa. i'm thrown here.

As i set off for my new PR of 9 group exercise classes a week (old record is 8) and start a new school year with my kiddy kats (that's children not cats, sorry for the confusion) i look forward to letting myself explore more really what is happening in my life as i ponder it over my nightly glass (or 2) of wine. 

cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment